1. Handmade soap is made with natural & beneficial ingredients. Handmade soaps are typically made in small batches of quality vegetable oils and butters that are rich in antioxidants, vitamins & nutrients that are essential to healthy skin. Handmade soap contains all of it’s natural occurring glycerin. Glycerin is a precious emollient that softens & moisturizes skin. It is also a natural humectant that draws moisture to your skin making it feel more hydrated. Handmade soap produces a luxurious lather that is unparalleled to any other. The commercial “soap” that you can purchase at the grocery store is stripped of all its glycerin so that it can be used in more expensive creams and lotions, so it’s very drying to your skin. It also contains harsh detergents that have no benefits. It is not TRUE soap & cannot be labeled as such. The next time you are at one of the giant retailers, take a look at any of the commercial “soaps” & you will see that it is either called a “beauty bar”, “cleansing bar”, “cream bar”, etc. because it cannot be called soap.
2. By buying handmade soap, you are supporting small business entrepreneurs & more often than not, a woman entrepreneur. You can feel good knowing that you didn’t help a CEO at a corporation buy another million dollar vacation home or luxury yacht, you helped a family just like yours pay their mortgages, electricity bill & car payments.
3. You can pronounce the ingredients in your handmade soap & they are things that you are familiar with. Handmade soap does not contain any harsh chemicals that we do not know about. Although true soap is made with lye, there is NO lye in the finished product. Only beneficial & nourishing ingredients.
4. There are SO MANY different varieties & options for handmade soaps! If you have certain skin conditions, you can make a soap that specifically addresses it. Just make friends with a local soapmaker & he/she can most likely formulate a soap specifically for you. Just ask! Handmade soaps also come in so many wonderful fragrances to choose from that you will likely find more than a few favorites!
5. Your guests will use it in your powder room, wish it was theirs & lavish you with compliments about your awesomely great taste! Who wouldn’t want that? 😉
So, what’s stopping you? Buy some today!